The Beta-Tests of Catyph are officially started. Several people have been contacted, but there is still some place if you're interested to get involved.
The minimum requirements are a little higher than ASA Remastered, but it's still a 2D game (pre-rendered 3D), so we're far from the requirements of modern and AAA games.
A comfortable system could be:
Windows 7 or newer (but it also works with XP)
multi-core 2,5Ghz +
4 GB Ram
Video card 512 MB (the more the better)
5 GB disk space (the game size is 3.2GB)
It should work on lower systems, even if it could mean that it is slower sometimes.
If you want to become a Beta Tester, here are a few rules that you should be aware of:
- please don't get involved only to receive the game before the official release, and for free.
- Beta-Testing is not as enjoyable as discovering the final game, because it can crash anytime, or your savegames can be corrupted, etc.
- the purpose is to help me fix all the issues and bugs, so if you accept, you should try to finish the game even if you don't like it in the end.
- you'll have to do your best to finish the game before the month of May.
- I won't be able to reply to everyone, but I will read all feedbacks from testers.
the Beta is private and you are not supposed to reveal in public any information about the game. It could spoil the content to other players, or might give them a wrong idea.
Of course for all of your efforts, you will receive the game for free (Beta and final later), your name in credits, and my deepest gratitude.
Feel free to get in touch with me through my website(s) to request access to the Beta. I won't accept any new Tester in April, or if you are already too many to participate.
Thank you for your help, and see you soon on Tytaah!